FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:55 pm  Reply with quote

every day, for some reson or another, i look at one of the people i know (or maybe more than one) and i feel lucky to know such a great person. i feel extremely lucky, for example, to know my pal from the Sixth grade. but alot of times, when i think of that, i realize all of the people that i don't know, that could be just a great. and i can't help but thinking: Am i lucky, am i missing out, or is it all balanced?

thoughts?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:40 am  Reply with quote

It's all balanced as far as I can tell you. I mean think about it, to some one person can be worth millions, and to others millions can be worth one. It's all the same I guess.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:38 pm  Reply with quote

are you saying it's all subjective? allright then. just for the sake of arguement, we are saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to be objective, dammit!

is that allright?

even if it aint, too damn bad.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:38 am  Reply with quote

Yes! That's exactly it! It isn't objective at all! ITS ENTIRE SUBJECTIVE! So of course it's allright when you agree with me!
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

dammit beest. you know what the hell i mean. Subjective! not Objective! anyways, just answer the question. eh?
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

wtf.........neway, i get like that like i no so many fantastic musicans and great generaly nice top wonderfully people,

i had a wierd angel thing the other day, doin this thing, (different story) but the point is i realised where id be without 8 people in my life, without 8 people i woldnt be her (well obviously without 2) but you know like id be a gonner or hav commited suicide etcetc, it really amazed my how lucky i am to have 8 fantastic people in my life!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:04 pm  Reply with quote

it's the same thing with me. I realize that A: i like who I am, and B: i wouldn't be who i am today without a few select people. has anyone seen The Butterfly Effect (astin Cutcher)? i havn't, but i think this is the same gist.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:52 am  Reply with quote

Well I get the same point. It was interesting, I was thinking "what if he doesn't actually go back in time, but alters his memories or tries to, but his mind won't let him do it completely?"

Think about that, interesting idea.
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:41 pm  Reply with quote

sorry but i havnt got a clue wot ur on about beest.......

i used to be all self conscience about myself, like make sure i didnt laugh too loud, so people would think im strange, or pretend to be things im not to impress people, then i wondered why like people didnt really like me...
then i saw sense in year8ish (about 13 yrs old) and said fuck it, im gunna be who i want to be and no1s gunna change me, so i laugh loud when i want to, talk when i want to, do the things i want, tewll people what i like, and if anyone ses nething to me, i say...

u dont like me....ignore me simple,

n im not bein big hedded but im like really popular in school, not like popular popular but everyone knows who i am, most people say hi to me in corridors, and i probably know everyone in the school,

i learnt not to prejudge people, and just by being myself iv got more friends, by not pretending and relaxing....

its groovey!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

yay! i was never really self concious, although i suppose i really showed my true collors in sixth grade. everyone knows me in my school, although i'm not to popular with the preps and whatnot. course, that may be because i don't like them. i do have a few more friends than i did in sixth grade, but then, i also know a lot more 'cool' people.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:23 pm  Reply with quote

What I'm saying is that what if he's not going back in time but just trying to alter his memories. But he fails and his mind won't let him do it completely. That better?
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:26 pm  Reply with quote

er, sorry beest. i missed your post the first time through. but if he's just altering his own memories, than he's just digging himself another rabbit whole. making a personal matrix.

another theme post!
Observationist
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:27 am  Reply with quote

nightbeest77 wrote:
Exactly! You hit the nail on the head! Anywho, lets stop floodin this thread till others show up!

Righto!

So let it be typed; So let it be done!

Here I am.... I moved here at the tail end of 7th grade as an "outcast." I was subdivided because I was a shy, odd looking fellow. Now, I'm a senior. I have a few good friends and most of the other class mates know who I am, but they don't know me. Mostly because I don't really want them to.... The less "friends" you have the less people there are to screw you over in the long run.

........ You know, I'm gunna like this place........ Cogito....
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:23 pm  Reply with quote

indeed, that is rather pessimistic. you know, the more friends you have, the more people you can screw over in the long run, if that's your thing of course.

but i have a decent ammount of trust for other people, so i might be biased...

oh well.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

the more friends you have the less enemies, and the bigger parties you can throw,
hmm........

sometimes i feel like throwing my hands up in the air
i get the feeling singin lord i just dont care,

its such an old song,
ps thoth n beest, u both inspired me to write a poem!!
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme