FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:03 pm  Reply with quote

what do you think? can we become enlightened simply by realizing that it's all illusiory? but what if it's real? i mean, what if we're not really dreaming?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:24 pm  Reply with quote

Well, I guess it's put best this way: You will be what you will be, and all that you will be. Don't remember where I heard that, but it sums it up purdy well I think. Or maybe I'm just being too lazy to write a real response, not sure myself.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

what is real? but enough of that. get off your damn lazy ass and write me something good. dammit!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:37 am  Reply with quote

Well, how do I know that what I believe is what you believe? How do you define...real? Is real just the interpretation of signals by your brain? Hmm? Or is it something much more? Perhaps you should get up off YOUR lazy butt and figure it out!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:00 pm  Reply with quote

i believe that you beleive what i believe, and therefor you do.

now then, back to anaswering my question...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:47 pm  Reply with quote

Well I believe that YOU believe that YOU can figure it out for yourself! AND SO THERE! HA!

(And in case you havn't noticed, our seemingly arbitrary arguement is answering your question quite nicely!)
kiki
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

I think real is what we can define, anything that we can justify. For example if you saw a ghost on the tv beacuase we can't explain it we just say that it isnt real. However when you see someone walking down the street you know they're there, its not unusual its real. Does anyone get what I mean? I had a point and kind of lost it when I was typing.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:29 pm  Reply with quote

Aye, all you're saying is that real is what we percieve and choose it to be, same as I did in the post before yours.
KRM
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:36 pm  Reply with quote

yes, the whole point to relativity is that YOU decide who you are in relation to things/circumstances/whatever around you.

so you create your own reality.
however, I believe there is also an ultimate reality that you can be part of if you choose to. That reality is that we are all one.

But yeah, reality is totally based on consciousness
Sky
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:31 am  Reply with quote

yes, but things are only real the very moment you see them or do whatever with them etc,

like a person is only real the very minute you are with them, once youve left them, they are gone, yes you might see them again, but when your not with them theyre not real, they are the past, only a memory, how do you know exactly that you did actually see them, its only a memory.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:07 pm  Reply with quote

that's a good point. how can one actually know they've met someone if they're only a memory? nothing short of showing them to someone else, but they might not be 'real' either. but what does that matter? if you 'know' someone's real, why does anyone else need to 'know'? why do you need verification?
Sky
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:49 am  Reply with quote

i dont know its just my way....
yeah it may not be 'real', but i know its actually there at that very time it is, how do i know it was ever there 10 minutes later, or how do i know it will be there in 10 minutes??? i only know it is there at that very time.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

Well that perception can be both the most and least important thing, the now.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:31 pm  Reply with quote

what is the now?
transport22
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:10 pm  Reply with quote

The eternal moment or space of pure 'being' from which all time, or concepts of time, are projected forth from.
Page 1 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme