FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply spiritual paths <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:01 pm  Reply with quote

(soon to be a song... just gotta finish the lyrics and start the scoring)
dreams of summer
surround you
and thoughts of winter
confound you
and you can't understand
how this green land
turns white
overnight

(i've discovered that this line goes rather well with the begining of Money by Pink Floyd)
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:02 pm  Reply with quote

jolly good poem
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:15 pm  Reply with quote

thank you.

Jolly. there's a word i havn't heard in a while. or read, either.
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:41 am  Reply with quote

i havnt heard the word speaker for a long time..........

its quite hard to think of words u avnt heard for a long time, try it, its confuzzling
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:03 pm  Reply with quote

Hmm, neither have I now that I think about it. Hmm.....so....confused.....DAMN! Oh well. And uber magnus poem/song thothman. I need to post some more if I can find the friggin book where I wrote em all down in.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:40 pm  Reply with quote

i got some more stuff somewheres too. wrote a ballad once. it's allright i guess.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:57 pm  Reply with quote

Hey, the more the merrier! And I found that book! Just not here with me. I'll post some more poems tomorrow. You'll just hafta be patient.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:12 pm  Reply with quote

i dont write poems, i have a strange theory about it, when i read poems sometimes yes, theyre crap, but some ae really spiritual and touching etcetc, so i dont write poems because i know that if i do ill start to not appritiate other peoples poems (it might not be the case for you but.....) and when i start i always have fantastic ideas, then get angry when its finished because its not how id hoped, and sound crap (even though its probably not...) but i think it, so i get frustrated and scrunch it up and throw it away, then a few days later i decide my poem was alrite and its gone and i cant remember it. Its a cycle that always ocurs, so for these 2 reasons i dont...........

where do u 2 get ur inspiration from anywho?????
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:27 pm  Reply with quote

i'll just kinda writes something down arrantly, and then expand on it later on. that's where alot of my stuff comes from, although alot of it comes from me just sitting down, saying "i'm gonna write a poem!" and writing it. really, it's more of a subconcious thing, but that's how it is. same when i draw something really good, i just sit down and say 'i'ma draw something' and i do.

meh, it's funny sometimes.

and i'm totally appreciative of poetry. i enjoy reading other people's stuff and feeling it. it's the best way to read or hear anything. or play it, or draw it, or write it...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:06 am  Reply with quote

Ditto for me. I do a lot of just sitting down and writing randomly, or just writing. I havn't written anything for a while because of a poem that I read that one of my friends wrote. He graduated a couple of years ago, and it was publised in the end of the year school magazine. I thought about it, and well it's been hard to come up with inspiration ever since. If you want I'll post it, but be forewarned about it's effects. And I also havn't had any inspiration or incentive to really, besides I'm in danger of failing a couple classes this semester, and my time is next to none.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:56 pm  Reply with quote

i had that problem last semester. i pulled through. 2 Ds, an A and an F (second time through the second half of that class. ah well, thrid's the charm, eh?)

like i said, i don't really care about grades. or tests. or anything like that. as long as i know it, i don't need a test score to tell me i know it.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:49 am  Reply with quote

Tests are exceedingly crappy method of testing knowledge, but exams are worse. You've already been tested on it, and they know whether or not you know it, it's a pointless repetition of the things that you've already had to cynically manipulate the system to temporarily memorize information! Okay my excuse for being lazy is done, enjoy it!
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

i'm not lazy, i just don't care. or perhaps they're one in the same. thoughts?
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:45 pm  Reply with quote

im opposite, i do care, i dunno what its like in america, but here being in year11 (5th year, age 15/16) is really important, you do loads of important exams and get 10 grades - GCSE's then leave school or go college for 2 years, then leave college or go university etcetc.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:30 pm  Reply with quote

over here there are twelve grades. 9-12 being the most important. once you hit 12th grade (17 to 18 years old) you graduate, and either go on in life without a degree or continue to a college/university.
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme