FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:59 pm  Reply with quote

becoming, knowing, being and acting. must we have all four? if so, why? if not, why? must i really be to know? must i know to be? what do i become, and if i don't know what i will become, how do i become it? how do i know i will become it? what must i act upon? thoughts? the world around me? perceptions?

answers...

NOW!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:29 pm  Reply with quote

Well, tis like it has ben said before, you can choose the parts you want and need, and choose whether you need them all or not. As you said in the other post: after all, you did choose!

And personally I dont believe that we would ever obtain all four, because perfection is an impossibility, since its all completely relative!

Okay, my ranting and randomness is done, continue doing your normal business.

Talk amongst yourselves, discuss!
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:25 pm  Reply with quote

is perfection really impossible? explain...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:42 am  Reply with quote

Why? Because perfection is an entirely relative concept! One persons perfection is another ones anarchy and chaos! And even if you DO become the model of someone elses perfection, then you yourself would probably judge yourself to be imperfect! Its a wonderful chaotic paradox! And now I need massive....MASSIVE headache medicine! Whee!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:20 pm  Reply with quote

wait one second... i think you're playing with the wrong axis... i don't think that perfection is anywhere near anarchy's opposite. in fact, i'm guessing that a perfect anarchy would be divine, as it were. and that as little regiment as possible (not personal, social... and if that's possible, [socail anarchy, that is] then woo!) would be an excelent kind of thing. at least, from my side.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:55 pm  Reply with quote

Well be it that or not, I'm using it as a relative comparison, chaos, anarchy, and the like are usually considered the opposite of perfection, order, and what not. Just easier to compare that way.

Well it can be a good and a bad thing, it relies heavily on people not being assholes, which (as history has told us) is really not possible. At the moment, for instance, we're studying the civil war in History. It's mostly like a friggin fight between two year olds politically before the actual war! Geez, and besides, good and bad apples like I said. In some places it would work, in others it wouldnt.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:02 pm  Reply with quote

true enough, but i still think that you're making chaos sound like a bad thing...

but bad is, of course, relative.

GAA! WHY DO ALL OF OUR THREADS END UP LIKE THAT?

ah well.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

Well because we both believe it and we're the only ones posting with frequency! Ha ha....crap its kinda sad.....SOMEONE ELSE SHOW BACK UP! DATURA! MORPHEUS! ANYONE!
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

im here, im a new memba n im here to stay!!!! haha, i guess i must be sad too....... :S

One of my main beliefs in life is why we are on this planet, this is my view:
PERFECTION, we are all here to make ourselves perfect, each 1 of us has a perception of a perfect being, and whether you say you are or not you are always jealous, its human nature. So as i see it its completely impossible to become perfect, if you were you cease to exist as you have achieved your target here on earth by becoming perfect so why do you need to stay??????

Whether you think it or not you have to accept its a way of putting it, and it prooves (true, without evidence, but neway...) perfection is false
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:07 pm  Reply with quote

[quote=Sky and whether you say you are or not you are always jealous, its human nature.

in my mind, the best thing is to meld human nature with a bit of control (like i said, personal organization isn't bad) and therefore, become good.

that's why i kickbox. controled rage.

speaking of which, my sensei got suspended for laying the beat-down on two kids that jumped him in the hallway. oops.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:25 am  Reply with quote

Hmm...well if you need anyone to beat up the kids in the future lemee know, I'm always ready to straighten out some punks!

And why did he? HE was the one getting jumped after all, its not his fault he defended himself. And thats the federal self defense law/clause!

*sigh* life's just a bitch some times.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

he only got suspended for one day... the day of the fight. and also, due to the weather outside (major snow) he couldn't leave the building. so it was only suspension in name.

he still got all his credit for being in classes
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:11 pm  Reply with quote

Well fair enough, but its still unjust, I mean what happened to the punks who jumped him?
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:03 pm  Reply with quote

seven days detention (per) bloody noses, and the fact that they jumped someone and STILL lost!

wah!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:49 am  Reply with quote

Okay, fair enough! Still, It doesn't make much sense that the one who defended himself from a mugging gets in trouble. Should be commended really for puttin those guys outta comission.
Page 1 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme