FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply spiritual paths <- there is no spoon Forum Index
The_Two
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:50 am  Reply with quote

Hey Wade.....its me larry i joined this site

and i think that the matrix...is only a movie, but its fun to think about

its cool if we really were in the matrix...
"Neo....I Believe"

if u could choose
Would u live in the matrix?
or would u live in the real world?

Id live in the matrix and go on chainsaw massacres...
Weeeeeeeee! o(^_^)o[/img][/code]
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:15 am  Reply with quote

it really depends. i would stay wherever would help the cause the most. if i could cause huge disturbances within the machine world from the matrix, i would go to it. if i could cause huge disturbances to them in the real world, i would.

if i could make peace using the matrix, i would. if i coud make peace in the real world i could. it truly would lie with what would do the most good in my choice. i guess my own "childish ignorance and ideals" are what makes me see that, eh? (we know who this is directed at)
Realist
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:08 am  Reply with quote

Now, please note that I don't believe what I'm going to say here, but the thought is out there.

Is being in the matrix such a bad thing?

The matrix, by absorbing humanity basically ended war, murder and disease. They created a world were most humans were basically happy, while the world we created for ourselves was polluted, violent, and filled with cruelty. They take some of our body heat and other energy, and in return we get world peace. Is that a fair bargin?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:42 am  Reply with quote

It is a much better world than the decrypid and dying world on the outside of it, so relatively speaking its not necessarily a bad thing, and if on some level people made the choice to be there, that technically could prove it, however living in illusion can be better, even though false and delusional. But given the latter two results i'd take worse.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:52 am  Reply with quote

the thing on that is, Humans don't like being caged. put us in a cage, we'll claw and bite and try like HELL to get out. put us in a cage with nice couches, beds, all the amenities of home and MORE, and (most of us) will STILL try and get out. why? it's nice in there.

well, a cage is a cage.
It's a natural instinct. we want to be free, and that's all there is to it.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:14 pm  Reply with quote

precisely, its like what many people say: "just because its the law doesnt mean its right"

of course then again, (props to who can name this) "The greatest happiness for the greatest number is the greatest good" (granted i'm not sure if thats the direct quote...oh well.

dammit we reached the point of redundancy again...nuts.
Realist
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

The thing is that while it is instinct to exscape from cages, most of the people in the matrix don't even know they're trapped.
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

It does lead to the redundancy argument, which translates into how you play the game. Rules and parameters for reality exist in and out of the Matrix and there are always those who recognize them and desire to see what's on the other side. This game is played out in micro and macro scales...from the games we play in relationships with our significant others, the current trends in our society, the traditions of our culture and ethnicity, the laws of government, and, in some instances, all the way to the boundaries of space/time. When aware of impediment, one will always desire freedom and transcendence from that which limits them. Those unaware of the rules are usually the ones that don't mind their place in the 'matrix', because their life circumstances haven't forced them out of complacency or to question their current reality. And the people who know the rules, have the desire, but don't take the action....I guess that's what Neo's are for.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:26 pm  Reply with quote

Perhaps they do, however they fight in unsuccessful ways, they fight against the hardships brought onto them by the matrix in order to try and beat it and escape, only falling into an endless cycle trap, thats another way to look at it.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme