FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Wintermute
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:30 am  Reply with quote

If everyone except me is dead, would the declaration of the statement "I win!" be true of false?
Also, if it were changed to "I win! Sweet!" would it be more true or more false or no different?
Or what if I said "I win! Crap!"? Would that imply that I had not won because I did not enjoy winning.
Thanks.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:20 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
If everyone except me is dead, would the declaration of the statement "I win!" be true of false?
Also, if it were changed to "I win! Sweet!" would it be more true or more false or no different?
Or what if I said "I win! Crap!"? Would that imply that I had not won because I did not enjoy winning.
Thanks.

if everyone is dead, it was a draw unless the object of whatever you were doing was to be the last one living.

if you add 'Sweet!' to the statement, it isn't altered, but you are exhorting the fact that you are glad everyone else is dead, and one can go on to gather that the object of what you were doing was either to be the last one living or to kill everyone else.

and if you add 'Crap!', the statement is once again not altered, but you are exhorting the fact that you aren't glad everyone else is dead, and one can go on to gather that the object was indeed to stay alive (and perhaps kill everyone) but that either a: whatever killed everyone else is comming to kill you or B: you realize that you did not win.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:24 am  Reply with quote

well like thoth said it does depend on the mentality that you have in the first place, and tends to mean the exact same things, but what if it was like at the end of a nuclear holocaust and you were the last person alive or somethin like that? either one can be a good thing, since you could be happy for yourself or lamenting those who died. this post IS a little compacted but i'll be puttin my other two cents in a ittle later, time runnin short on my end and lunch beckons.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme