FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:25 pm  Reply with quote

It make one wonder, if there is no spoon, then there are other things that might not exist as well. What things might be hidden from our eyes that are indeed right in front of them. Its like Shakespeare's commonly rerepresented theme of "things arent always as they seem"
Zenzirouj
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 1:46 pm  Reply with quote

Well, yeah. Just like you can't prove that the spoon exists, there's no way you can prove that anything really exists. For example, none of you or anyone can prove to me that you actually exists, since there's no way to get into your mind. As far as I know, you're all simply the creations of my mind's feeble attempts at comprehending reality.

Get away from me....you're not real.........GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:57 am  Reply with quote

existing is all a matter of perspective. you can choose to exist in the world, or you can choose not to, the only thing that matters is your view on the world around you. if you deciede that you'd rather not exist, then just realize that you don't have to.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:07 pm  Reply with quote

no...i REFUSE! YOU ARE PART OF MY MIND NOW TOO! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

that temporary burst of insanity brings about another question: what if you are the figment of someone else's imagination? then if they so choose, they can destroy you just as easily as anything else, and if they stop your creation then you are at their mercy. i guess that in this case of existance, then enlightenment for you comes when you realize that you are not responsible for your own existance, and break away from the mind of the one that created you.

its all, however, based on the willingness of the individual to work at separating, and going out of the box into a realm where they are not uncomfortable.

and yes, if you do choose to believe that you dont exist, then you will cease to exist, however since the thought that you exist is permanently burned into your subconcious, that is one of the primary problems with breaking free: you have to burn away all that your subconcious believes is truth, and that is the hardest thing possible to do.
TheOne
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:01 pm  Reply with quote

1. It is not that the spoon, specifically, does not exist. The whole idea of "there is no spoon" is just to say that nothing exists (at least not in the Matrix).

2. One of the other opinions in this column is, to say the least, unfounded. Although it is possible that if, deep in your unconcious, you truly cease wishing to exist, you will not, but it is equally possible that you are stuck with existing and, if you don't want to, you're screwed. The latter possibility has the evidence of 5,000 years of people with advanced thought processes being able believe they don't exist, and 0 of them actually vanishing. I don't want to discredit anyone's opinions. I just want to point out some outstanding evidence.
Datura
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:42 pm  Reply with quote

Everything exists. Just the borders do, and do not at the same time.

There are no spoonic borders. Become the spoon, and bend yourself.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:33 pm  Reply with quote

or become yourself and bend the spoon, perhaps?
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:41 pm  Reply with quote

and then, who's to say you can't become and bend both at the same time, hmm?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:57 pm  Reply with quote

but since neither can be proven to actually exist, how can you??? *gets pimping gandalf hat and issues another challenge*
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:01 pm  Reply with quote

the same way that you can sit there, put your pimpin' hat on and challenge me....

you just can.

no explanation!

thothMaN
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:56 am  Reply with quote

well....damn....youve got me. i guess you win THIS round....but be prepared. i SHALL DEFEAT YOU! somehow.

moving along. i recently have been thinking about how regardless of what we do, we're still only human. it was actually the result of a poem that i read a few days ago. thoughts?
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:36 pm  Reply with quote

regardless of anything we do? what about all things we don't know that we can do? or all things we try to do, but havn't yet? are we really still only human??

ON GUARD!!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:38 am  Reply with quote

yes we are, for no matter what we may evolve into or become, we are still at our core human. no matter what we do. i see that as our greatest weakness, and greatest strength.
Datura
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:08 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
but since neither can be proven to actually exist

Goddamn extreme sceptics *beats to death* What is wrong with you people!?

Sorry, but frankly, I'm a vehement hater of Descartes theories. I mean, sure, they were cute at the time, and a good starting point, but there were *so* many problems with his theories you could drain pasta with them. Extreme sceptiscism is one of them. I mean, seriously, only a man could come up with a fuckoff stupid theory like that. *dies*

Anyway...

Quote:
i recently have been thinking about how regardless of what we do, we're still only human.

Whats so bad about being human? People seem to think we're imperfect and should be angels or something? (insert derisive snort here) Perhaps the true highest form on this planet are FROGS and we should aspire to be more frog-like?

What is wrong with being human? Seriously? This whole idea like there is some sort of master-plan-perfection system working in the universe has warped the entire human race and given them some weird double sided inferiority/superiority complex. STUPID!

We are human, and only human, but if you think we should be more than that, of course you're gonna be disappointed, and are stupid. Yes! Everyone is stupid....i have pms... kill me now *dies*
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:06 pm  Reply with quote

but 'only human'? it sounds so limiting, yet so true.

i agree. at the core, we are after all is said, done, and unsaid and undone, human. but we as humans have the power to change ourselves for the better, or the worse.

you do know that your parry was executed most flawlessly...
and damn it all, i didn't get my dagger out!

meh.
Page 1 of 7
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme