FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:45 am  Reply with quote

i never SAID anything was wrong with being human. all im saying is that regardless of what we become, regardless of what we may allow our minds to reach, that we are still humans, and we cant discard what makes us that way.

ive noticed among many high level scientists, intellectuals, and sometimes even the creative, but a good deal of them simply disregard their emotions and live as intellectual creatures. and i can speak from opinion, experience, and history when i say that we need that emotion to stay sane.

though it would be VERY interesting to see how we got along without emotion. we would basically destroy each other simply through intellectual power, which has limits in its own rights.

i mean, think about it. you may not believe in it but the power of love does a lot for a lot of people.

and since your posts seem to be a whole lot different since youre going through PMS, well thats case and point!!!!

and i know that emotion can be for better or worse, so dont start on that.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:58 am  Reply with quote

woa there, settle down, Beastie... no need to get nasty, Datura...

but anyway, i totally agree. Emotion is really the proverbial glue that holds humanity together. without it, we'd fall apart.

so, make sure that you apply liberally.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

*heavy breathing* im okay now *pant pant*...*drool* mmmmm.....donuts........

now that THATS out of the way! *ahem* in a sense, emotion is another thing that needs to be kept in check, you're right thoth. definitely.

we've basically agreed now that we cant get too smart for our own good, and also can say basically that we can also get too emotional after our own good.

goes back to the old wives tale of "all things in moderation"
Datura
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:48 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
but we as humans have the power to change ourselves for the better, or the worse.

No, we don't. Evolution, in any form, works on us, not the other way around. It is specifically a point which we cannot control totally ever, specifically because evolution would cease to exist if total control was secured. We do not have the power to change ourselves for the good or better, we have the power to shut up and be good biodiverse creatures that don't exhaust our food supply but at the same time don't inbreed ourselves into a dead end. Which we've currently fucked up something marvellous, and are now looking at the wrong end of evolutionary karma.

Quote:
and since your posts seem to be a whole lot different since youre going through PMS, well thats case and point!!!!

Yes, I tend to be a walkign paradox. Bitching about subjective views on humaness one minute then bemoaning how horrible having PMS is the next. But if I didn't do that, I wouldn't be human :)
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:39 am  Reply with quote

well, i wasn't actually thinking about evolutionary changes... more along the line of spiritual changes...

but hey. whatever floats your boat.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:51 am  Reply with quote

i was referring to spiritual as well, but evolutionary is flawed too.

name the last thing that homo sapiens sapiens adapted/changed to? we dont really evolve much anymore, we just make air conditioning and computers instead. arguably evolution has stopped for us.

and we can change ourselves physically as well, however we must truly believe that we can do so, and since we've all been taught so much in school and such about how theres NO focking chance we can, we just subconciously believe that as truth and thus cannot change.

it would be interesting to raise a child that was not truly blindly believing what is presented through experience instead.

at least thats what i think. so sue me.
Datura
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:09 pm  Reply with quote

Evolution doesn't stop. It would only stop if we all suddenly became impotent.

Quote:
name the last thing that homo sapiens sapiens adapted/changed to? we dont really evolve much anymore, we just make air conditioning and computers instead. arguably evolution has stopped for us.

Yeah, nevermind the fact that Evolutionary changes happen over millions of years, and we can barely trace our species back to 40 000 years ago. Of course there have been no significant changes for us to notice. It doesn't work that fast. Something so many people forget so easily... We've barely been on this planet for a pinprick of time compared to species who were here before. Of course we have never made any huge adaptations. We are a short-term species. We don't live very long, we consume huge amounts and destroy a lot of our environment. We are like a virus in so many ways. And who knows, perhaps we'll die out soon, or perhaps we'll hang around for another million or so years and see if any observable (if, of course, semi-permanent records are kept) changes happen. It's the paradox of being human. We believe the universe is made for us, and should satisfy us in every way possible, but if you want to take a truly "objective" (as so many "truth" seekers claim they are) stance on the viewpoint, the evidence seems to be more against that belief than for it. But then people's ego shrinks, and they don't like that.

Quote:
it would be interesting to raise a child that was not truly blindly believing what is presented through experience instead.

Ahh, but even if your claim not to believe, you must believe that something exists as something to be rejected. The anti cannot exist without the existence, and vice versa. If you with for the child to not blindly believe, it must first be exposed, and then you would run the chance of it believing.

But also, by telling a child not to believe, why should it believe you? But if it doesn't believe you, then it does actually believe you, because it is doing what you tell it it should be believing itself to do.

Liars Paradox. Hee hee hee.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:43 pm  Reply with quote

"and if a six, turned out to be nine,

i won't mind"

he he...

anywho..

here's the state of things:

Humans are Humans...which by deffinition, means stupid. at the moment, everyone is programmed to believe what is accepted. there is no right or wrong, only popular oppinion. and that popular oppinion is programmed by the Media. and that media subsequently rules the world.

and until that changes, there's no way for us to spiritually evolve or develop or what have you, and perhaps we'll die out.

then, like Datural said, perhaps we'll hang around for a few million years.

just thought i'd throw that in there.
Datura
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:03 am  Reply with quote

Tsk, you guys are so psycho. A little bit of cultural theory would do you all good. The media relies on the whim of the masses as much as the whim of the masses relies on the media. They are interconnected as Neo and Smith :) The Hegemonic masses need to exist for the evolutionary and revolutionary steps to emerge from. One cannot exist without the other (echo echo echo echo...)

The media does not rule the world as much as you all seem to think. The Minority world (ie- First World) isn't even ruled by the Media. And they're the minority :)
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:58 am  Reply with quote

oh, well, i didn't think of that.

*disapears in a puff of logic*

yea, i guess the Media wouldn't exist if the idiots weren't there...but that's what makes the 'world' go round, right?

i mean, i am right, arent i?

*runs from the incoming blast of electrically charged particles*
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:17 am  Reply with quote

aright, first off, evolution is a theory in and of itself, so this entire discussion is flawed!

secondly, theres a damn lot of people who are slaves to the media, and hopelessly and blindly believe them and everything they say/do. perhaps if we turned off the !@#$!@$#!@$!$#@!$@#$@!$#ing tv set and looked for ourselves whats happening wed be better off.

thirdly: we dont have to believe what is accepted, however most do anyway because it has a basis of proof (like science for instance) that has ground/basis in the physical world.

fourthly: the whole shpeel about humanity being just an eyeblink for the planet is completely correct. why do you think i say things like "we are only human, and would do best to remember that"?

fifthly: HOWEVER! we may just be viruses, however we do have our good points too, at least i think so.

sixthly - what you said about the child is exactly what i meant! let them decide for themselves what to believe instead of sending them to school and making them learn what the masses believe! unless he wanted to go with the masses, in which case let him! its his choice dammit, so let him make it!
KageShi
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:40 am  Reply with quote

Does it matter that as humans we are limited? The fact that there are limits gives us goals to break, limitations to disprove. The fact we are human means that we, ourselves cannot truly see our own limits. The only limits on humans themselves, are the ones we put on ourselves. The fact that we may or may not exist shouldn't matter. What should matter is what you do i were you are. IF anything, think on the fact that we exist as only an idea of God or because someone thinks we exist, and they exist because we think they exist. So if they stop think of us, they have just destroyed themselves. But all of these limitations are ones created by humans ourselves. We may not be as limited as we believe, we may actually have limitless potential, but thinking continually, generation after generation, that we have limits, will engrain them in ourselves permanently.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:07 pm  Reply with quote

simple: we are only as limited as we allow ourselves to be. and in a pinch, rules were made to be broken, and plans were made to be changed, yes? no? thoughts?
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:08 pm  Reply with quote

as a race, we are VERY limited, because we are only as limited as the most limited person, making the entire race extremely tied down. of course, as ourselves, we are only as limited as we make ourselves...

that MY thought.

and personally, i feel very unlimited right now...

so i'm gonna answer the rest of the threads on these boards, and then i'm gonna pump some iron...

cause i can do that...

cause i didn't limit myself...

because... well, it don't matter.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:53 am  Reply with quote

and what if an arbitrary governmental law is passed that says you cant pump iron, its net beneficial to the counterplan or something like that? would you do it anway because you enjoy it, and you can? perhaps its an identifier for you, like many other things are. i dont know about you but i would anyway, if for no other reason than it would be a pointless stupid law that should never been passed, but also because i enjoy it.

like the philosophers who say that we go towards that which pleases our senses, i guess.

anyway my point is that some rules were MADE to be broken, others to be followed, guess its subjective in the end, like all things.
Page 2 of 7
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme