FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply dualism and the nature of existence: taoism to descartes <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:55 am  Reply with quote

One thing I have definitely noticed recently is that basic every day common decency is disappearing. Even passing others in the street with a somewhat happy mentality is no longer greeted by others enjoying life, but with a grim trudging demeanor of most everyone simply trying to not think too hard about themselves.

Basic preconceptions about work have changed dramatically as well. As opposed to working hard, maintaining a reasonable lifestyle, and giving back to the community you are in, the default position is the opposite. All we hear from various successful moguls is that you should, if not have to, cut all ties, ignore your personal beliefs, and do whatever it takes to get what you can.

With the emergence of increased online interaction, most of the common social graces have begun dying out. Internet behavior has begun to seep over into real world interaction, and since most of it isn't exactly good habits, there tends to be more drama than is necessary when simply trying to enjoy people's company.

Morals and responsibility have also begun to die out, similar to the problem with work preconceptions. The standard default mindset that we are hammered with is that we should do anything to get what we can and get out, and damn the consequences. It produces cynicism and ruthlessness very early on, and makes for some very asinine behavior later in life.

The bottom line from what I've seen is that society seems to be dangerously gravitating towards "everyone is a dick" territory of humanity, and there's very little good positive influence that doesn't come with some kind of cost nowadays. Perhaps it's a bit pessimistic, but has anyone else noticed these kinds of destructive social trends, or am I just reading too much into things here?
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme