FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply schopenhauer <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:11 pm  Reply with quote

Well, on to the next two interesting concepts. Once again one seems to lead to the other, in the same sense of one maturing into the next.

Knowing is the preable to acting. One can know something, can know the problems or a horrible thing that is being done, and yet still not act. Knowing is not enough to provoke change. One must act on that knowledge and do something about it.

Once one has obtained the means of acting, one can then embark on it. It does not even have to be done directly by oneself. It could be through the legal system, some kind of underground action, but regardless if it needs to be done then this is the only method by which it will be accoplished: acting.

again, thoughts?

*opinions subject to change without notice*
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:45 pm  Reply with quote

yeah, i agree if theres going to be a change, something needs to be done.... like kicking a dog (did thoth mention this before...??) if you see someone kicking a dog and think "oh my!!! thats not nice, poor doggy" then your a hypocrit unless you go to the maggot who's kicking it and say "listen mate thats not on!!!"

thats the only way things can get better in this world!!

and i suppose i am a hypocrit too,
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:49 pm  Reply with quote

I did mention kicking a dog. But, I don't think you're hypocritical if you do nothing about it. You're just useless.

if you kicked a dog yourself, then you're hypocritical.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:17 am  Reply with quote

well a coward would sit/stand by and watch an evil act take place.....

to me thats hypocritical.....
if its not right, and you know its not, then why do nothing???
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:46 am  Reply with quote

fear for yourself.

Plain and simple. If you don't want to be kicked, you're not going to stand up for a strange dog.

The self always comes before others, truthfully.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:32 pm  Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with thoth, its not hipocrisy, simply fearing for ones own well being. It takes a very brave and altruistic person to be more concerned for someone else over themselves, and as such is a truly remarkable thing to see around.

It is, however, an incredible feeling to be able to help someone else in such an incredible way, even if it be stopping a dog from being kicked.

*opinions subject to change without notice*
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:32 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, Maybe the kicking a dog theory isnt right, I know what you mean tho; but to what extent would you help someone...???

I personally would stop someone kicking a dog, I would help a kid or person if they were being attacked, If a gun was involved though... or if it was say physical I wouldnt get involved.
It a mum was smackin their child, I wouldnt get involved, you know... Id think it was rude and nosey.

there are circumstances when you do and dont interfere...
now that ive thought about it I understand...

I want to interfere but You either think you shouldnt or yeah.... your scared
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:13 pm  Reply with quote

Me, I'm not sure degree of severity of the intervention would matter to me much at all. I'm rock hard in my belief and my ability to help someone if they needed the assistance. I've been beaten up pretty bad both physically and mentally because of it some times, but *shrug* price you pay for it. Besides, better to risk it and save someone's life than sit on the sidelines and regret not ever trying, no?

*Opinions subject to change without notice*
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:35 pm  Reply with quote

if a gun is invovled, then it's over.

You need to be calm and cool, and deffinately try and talk your opponent down if possible. If not possible, then get the defnended out of the way.

But don't stand by.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme