FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply the platonic idea of the spoon <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:51 pm  Reply with quote

Well i've been pondering (even more so recently) what other people think is the proper use of strength. Its mainly because my martial arts instructor firmly believes that extreme pain should befall those who attempt to violate you, and i'm not in complete agreement with him.

So what do you all think? should strength be used to protect or as a tool for power? I'm one who believes the former of the choices. I believe it can be used to protect, teach, and reform. I believe one should do what one has to to defend oneself and those who are unable to, but not end it there. I believe it is necessarry to understand the logic that drives people to harm and exploit others, and try to make them see the other side of things. Though some may argue that it is against human nature, we already know my thoughts on that one. (which i'll reiterate in a different forum soon.)

So, thoughts? questions? comments? snide remarks? lets go!

*opinions subject to change without notice*
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:13 pm  Reply with quote

My own personal style of unarmed combat is one of complete defense. I do not attack -at all-. However, when an attack comes to me, I have many, many ways of stopping the attack brutally, efficiently, and very painfully on the opposing side's end. When I am attacked, I will not hesitate to break an arm or crush a windpipe, and it's got nothing to do with pain. An attacker needs to be put down as quickly as possible so that as little harm can befall yourself or anyone around you.

Strength overall should be used for building and rebuilding, defense and protection. There is no need to break a man's neck for looking at you funny. There may be if they try to break yours.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:04 pm  Reply with quote

I personally would rather temporarily incapacitate them and figure out the reasons behind why they acted as they did. It might be something that many people scoff at, but I believe anyone has the ability to change, and that we, as people, have a responsibility in helping as many people change as we can, provided that they desire to.

Naive, perhaps, but nontheless tis what i follow!

thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:01 pm  Reply with quote

Everyone has room to change, yes. Sometimes it takes a good whack to inspire such change, however.

Some people just need their asses kicked, truly. Because really, if someone is attacking you, odds are they're not likely to think over your differences and become a changed man.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:40 pm  Reply with quote

being a woman and all, i dont have much physical strength... if i was to defend myself against an attack i find the best way is to kick em in the balls really.... pretty harsh and probably most painful but im allowed cause im a woman, however if another woman attacked me i dunno what i'd do.... i guess i'd bitch slap them!!!! no, i think i'd use my real strength, my mental strength.

as i have always said its not physical strength which harms the most but mind strength....
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:47 pm  Reply with quote

Kicking in the genitals is a very low blow, but is sometimes nescisary on anyone's part. Sometimes you just have to hit someone where it hurts to keep yourself safe.

I do not condone such actions at all, unless you are defending yourself, though.

But that's just me.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:15 am  Reply with quote

women are allowed though!!!

use your mind hun!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:44 am  Reply with quote

I do. I'm also very good at blocking strikes to my genitals.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:29 pm  Reply with quote

*ahem* CUP CHECK! *THWACK*....nope....didnt put it in......

ANY way, you dont have to have the physical strength at all, i'm one of the weaker people in my class, but nonetheless have a bit better speed and accuracy than they do, as well as better adaptability. If they do wind up hitting me, it does more damage, but if i do it right i can do just as much by throwing them off and opening up a vulnerability.

Its all about how you go about things you see! ha ha!

thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:47 pm  Reply with quote

Too true, too true! Little bastards are tricky to fight. But, when I'm sparring someone smaller and faster than me, my defensive style helps me well. I wait for them to enter my range (which is larger) and knock the shit out of them.

Observe:

Sky
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:06 am  Reply with quote

ha nice!!!
was that you??
hmmm.... what do i do when i fight, just like slap em!!!

i can do that too tho, so ....
observe me in my kung fu style when i went away with my best mate in december

hmm.... im still tryna figure out how you do actually put pic on!!! wont be long.... ill edit it late!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:50 pm  Reply with quote

That...is awesomely destructive! (man points gained)

Regardless, never underestimate your opponent, thats how all the greatest fighters fall. And with that pearl of wisdom I'll leave you to it!

*Opinions subject to change without notice*
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:33 pm  Reply with quote

Yes Sky, that was me.

And That is exactly why I fight defensively. I trust my defense, and wait for their offense to see what needs be done.

Never underestimate.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme