FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2

New Post   Reply dream theatre <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:42 am  Reply with quote

No, never have, elaborate if you would, sounds promising.
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:08 pm  Reply with quote

but if i have a premonition, i cant change it, because then the premonition wouldnt be a premonition would it........

like in the matrix ad the oracle, she knows whats happenening, but never tries to stop it, because its not whats is.... dya get me????

i have had a few more 'parts' of dreams that have come true, but only minor things i suppose.....

will write them another time though.... am sleepy, night night
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:55 pm  Reply with quote

Actually the oracle saw the paths available to take. Remember what she said to Neo "you have the gift, but it seems you're waiting for something". Now she gave hints in her speech in the second movie that she didnt actually know whether or not he would choose to become so, but that i was one of the options. Much like seeing a dream that turns out to be something that occurs in real life later. I remember once i simply saw part of the Flint River, which i canoed down a few weeks later that year, and i had a huge sense of Deja Vu and then saw my dream, and the image fit right over it. It was just a flash, and i was only just able to make the connection.

However! if the dream is longer, and something horrible happens at the end, like you're in a car accident and wind up paralyzed for life becaues the driver took a turn to quickly, you could urge the driver to not be impatient and just take it slowly, cause you're not in a hurry at all, simple stuff like that. Hey your ticket to the future's always blank, you just have to realize it.
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

but what if there is fate and we just dont know about it......??? like what i always used to say!!!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:27 am  Reply with quote

Fate, perhaps, but perhaps a chosen fate of sorts, if you choose this choice, you have these choices later, and so on and so forth, but the choices are still different, and lead to different consequences, the law of odds is still very much on our side, as well as the beliefs. And if we dont know about it, then all we can do is trust ourselves to be able to break it and do as we will, no?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:00 pm  Reply with quote

if it is fate then indeed we are then set in a path of what must come to be,
example if a man walks down a path that has a fork in it and is ambushed by theives then does he run down one of the paths or does he choose to stay and fight, lets say he runs does he go down the left or or the right, to the left he sees a broken bridge that will break if he treads upon it, and to the right he sees a town with nothing but thives and murderers, either way he is doomed and has to become a slave to a system of repetition, why because the path on the right winds in a circle back to the junction, chew on that for a while and see what you think.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

Though the final scentence of your post seems a tad condescending, i'll take a whack at it. That is indeed a possibility, however you have given only two negative choices, and thusly are you claiming that all paths are ruled solely by negative choices? That no good can ever happen to an individual in the entirity of their hundred year exsitance? That is, after all, what you seem to have stated.

Secondly, if he comes to the bridge that will break if he treads on it, what guaruntee is there that it will break? can he not stand on the ropes if it is a rope bridge? Can he not step on only the most structurally sound parts if it is a wooden bridge? And if it be a stone bridge, then can he not most likely run across before the heavy stones shift and make the bridge collapse?

It is an interesting thing that you propose, but you leave far to many other options out of it, leaving only a narrow scope of things to look at, there are many possibilities that i have not even listed here that could occur under the SAME circumstances.

Fate has many possible connotations, and though generally permanent and unmoving, there are always subtelties to the rules and regulations of such things, and a key element to altering fate and choosing one's own path is the ability to understand a utilze just those variables.

Quote:
chew on that for a while and see what you think.

*opinions subject to change without notice*
Page 2 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme