FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2

New Post   Reply spiritual paths <- there is no spoon Forum Index
supersibbers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:13 pm  Reply with quote

well i shoot as a sport and what i have noticed is this. if i conciously try to shoot well i very rarely do, but if i try vety hard to hit the target my skill wavers. the other thing i have noticed is that the more i meditate, the more able i am to do things without thinking about them. So perhaps meditation allows you to do things "subconciously" more easily as you are more in contact with a "subconcious" state of mind with no thought. it seems to me that meditation makes it easier to do things automatically and with more skill.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:20 am  Reply with quote

I know this is late, but I think you're right Sibbers, whoever you may be. Ah well, maybe you'll be back to read this some day.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:15 pm  Reply with quote

Indeed, I concur as well. When i took shotgun shooting at scout camp, I had never before held a gun. Of the first ten skeets thrown, I missed the first one. My skill actually declined to an overall 80% accuracy because I wound up trying harder on some days, and just letting my arms waver the gun into place others.

Same thing when I'm practicing martial arts, when i concentrate, it is much harder to do the more difficult and fluid like moves, especially when I bust out my sword or staff, but when I do it to clear my head I usually wind up doing everything damn near perfect, because I clear my head and am not actually trying.

Weird stuff indeed.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:36 pm  Reply with quote

Same thing happens to me while fencing on the more basic moves. Stuff that I know how to do, I mess up if I concentrate on. Stuff that I'm learning or perfecting, I do much better when I think about it.

It's interesting how that works.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:18 am  Reply with quote

its subconscience thought, you've done it that much..... if you use conscience thought too it disturbs it...

(did it in biology the other week!!)
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:43 am  Reply with quote

I've gotta agree. I actually wound up excercising for damn near two hours a couple days ago simply because I was pondering what I was planning to bring to college and how I would endure, and when I looked at my watch, holy crap. No WONDER I'm so tired!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:26 am  Reply with quote

KRM wrote:
i've noticed that since i've become more inquisitive about reality/god/the universe i've had better reflexes

interesting :)
Page 2 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme