FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply aldous huxley <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:03 am  Reply with quote

early 1600s: The U.S.A. was not around then, but our first fathers were. These guys were really badass, kicking as much Indian ass as could be kicked.

1700s: The Pre-U.S. U.S. gets pissed and starts to begin to kick England's ass.

1760s: We are officially badass, as we're now not only putting a major ass whippin on England, but we've got our own name to boot. France helps too. Thanks France.

1800s: We whooped England's ass and start kicking more Indian ass, just to prove we're badass. We kick France's ass around a little to, which is no small feat, as this was when they were still badass.

1812: More asskicking on the part of us, again kicking England's ass. Still kicking major Indian ass on the homefront.

1920s: Germany gets upity and tries to take ofer Europe, so we go over and bail out England and the rest by kicking Germany's ass and taking all their cash. We also invent Jazz, which is in itself very badass.

1930s: Even though we stole all of Germany's cash, we go into a depression. That's okay though. because...

1940s: Germany gets upity again and starts taking over Europe, but this time with the assistance of Japan. Japan bombs us, so we first kick their ass, then drop two really, really big bombs on them, then kick Germany's ass and take their cash again. No more depression, by the way. Early Rock n' Roll starts being mainstreamed.

1950s: Early Rock n' Roll is mainstreamed. Now that's badass. We also successfully win the Cold War, the largest international staring contest in world history. Russia blinks first.

1960s: England figures out what this Rock n' Roll thing is and joins in with the U.S. to create some really, really badass music.

1970s: The U.S. goes to Vietnam and gets it's ass handed to it on a silver platter, complete with tali(sp) sticks, which is deffinately not badass. More Rock 'n' Roll though, so that kinda makes up for it.

1980s: Nothing badass comes from this era except for The Wall (the movie). And that's not even us. On the whole, the world sucks at this stage. In fact, new wave puts it into the negatives in terms of badassedness.

1990s: Green Day makes it's big debeut, which is incredibly badass. Other than that, not much else is badass. *insert Spice Girls and Britnney Spears jokes here*.

2000s: We're only halfway through this decade, and already we went and wasted a crap load of time and money and energy fighting a 'war' that didn't need to be fought. A few bonus cool-points for getting rid of Huusein, but those are taken away for letting Bin-Laden run free. out stuff's being nocked over, planes hijacked, the entire country in a state of ungrounded perpetual fear, the government taking it as an excuse to exert more control, and now even Canada is angry at us.

Deffinately not badass.

(Just the skewed view of an American highschooler pertaining to the state of the union.)

(Fuck off, Mr. Bush. And you too, Kerry.)
The Source
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:31 pm  Reply with quote

i agree. my friend ask me who would i vote for, and he has a passion for kerry and gave me all these reasns why kerry, but that all lead to my decision of neither one of the canidates. see if you look at it this way no matter who wins the election things are going to change for the better and for the worse. For example, would it have made a difference if gore won the last election, no, we would still be at war just for a different reason. Both canidates must be controlled ny some higher power ( i'm not big on politics so someone correct me if i'm wrong) , b/c no one man has the power to make or break a whole other nation. so the way i see it is this whole election campaign thing is just a bunch of crap to keep our minds set that our government is still a democracy. Who knows the whole election process is probably rigged.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:12 pm  Reply with quote

Eh, if Gore won the election, odds are we wouldn't be at war, because either A: Bin-Laden wouldn't be so angry at us, or B: Gore wouldn't go over there. And it NEVER would have been 'linked' to Iraq... that 'connection' came out of left field as an excuse for Bush to finish what his daddy started.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:08 pm  Reply with quote

You're probably speaking to the most agreeable people. Indeed our country has performed many badass things, some of which are good (i.e. kicking people who deserved it out of power) and bad things (i.e. killing masses of indians who didn't resist/deserve it, Iran-Contra and this obnoxiously prolonged Iraq war).

An interesting side note is that we're doing in Iraq the exact same thing that the british did to us that inspired us to rebel as a country. Sometimes history repeats itself in the most ironic ways, no?
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:34 pm  Reply with quote

Well, not so much Beest. Brittiania was oppressive, taking no pains to guise it's overbearing thumb as something that it wasn't. They told folks what to do and how to do it, and shot folks if they didn't.

Though a similar thing IS happening, it's happening in a much more 'diplomatic' and asthetically pleasing format.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:40 am  Reply with quote

Not at first, at first it simply enforced a whole bunch of laws that were already instated, THEN it got oppressive. My point is that we're doing the exact same thing now, except kinda skipping over the "just enforcing" part. Frying pan to fire to stepped on if you will.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:18 pm  Reply with quote

except that Iraq is willingly (well, the gov't at least) accepting our 'assistance'. ugh. Four more years.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:06 pm  Reply with quote

Iraq willingly accepted it at first, but at this point we have massively overstayed our welcome. We freed them from their tyrannical leader, and jump started their government. Now it is time for us to leave them to lead themselves, not continue to force our presence on them. We've even taken to training people to train the new Iraqi army, there's no real reason to still be there, we need to allow them the freedom we proclaimed we would give at this point.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme