FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply maya (hindu and buddhist thought) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

want to be the first to post a new topic... sorry!!

well, last night i decided, that the illusion that i thought i believed in may not be true. my dream last night was very sereal and clear. it was so in depth that i thought it was reality, i really did, and when i woke up i wasnt sure whether that me in my bed was my dream still or real life.

It quite confused me, i mean i didnt know where i was. Dream world or real world. Maybe it was both, i dont know, but there was something that made me feel like me in my bed wasnt an illusion and it was the sky. i dont know why but i looked out of my window and when i looked at the sky i just knew that the world it not an illusion.
im not quite sure why.... there was nothing specific, just a big gut feeling. like the sort of feeling you get when you mum finds out youve done something really bad and you stomach just drops. i got that feeling. and it was really wierd.

But i dunno i think i liked the idea that we might live in an illusion, i made things easier to understand, now its more complecated. if you know what i mean....???

thoughts???
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:00 pm  Reply with quote

Illusion is a difficult term to deal with. One person's illusion is another's truth, I think. You have to take what you believe as true, but whatever that is, someone else will more than likely believe to be untrue. This makes everything true, and everything an illusion at the same time.

it's all in the way you look at things.
athn
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:44 pm  Reply with quote

From Wikipedia: Zhuang Zi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuang_Zi

"Another well-known part of the book is also found in the "On Arranging Things" chapter. The section is usually called "Zhuang Zhou dreamed he was a butterfly" (Zhuāng Zhōu mng di). The section relates that one night, Zhuang Zi dreamed that he was a carefree butterfly flying happily. After he woke up, he wondered how he could determine whether he was Zhuang Zi who had just finished dreaming he was a butterfly, or a butterfly who had just started dreaming he was Zhuang Zi. It hints at many questions in the philosophy of mind, philosophy of language and epistemology, such as Descartes' famous question of how one knows one exists. The name of the passage has become a common Chinese idiom, and has spread into Western languages as well."
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:45 pm  Reply with quote

Precisely, got to it late, but those two spread the right preachings, if you will. Also, the only real illusion busting ability to have is to trust yourself and those gut instincts you were feeling.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:32 am  Reply with quote

now here's a challenge: what's the difference beteween a gut instinct and a preprogrammed response?

hehehe...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:00 pm  Reply with quote

Well that is a sketchy one indeed, it depends on the response, basic responses tend to be more imbued from previous generations, the typical fight or flight one for example, whereas ones pertaining to social situations are more learned over time, preservation over persnickety (did I spell that even remotely right?) things, though I suppose either one could be programmed or unprogrammed with the right teachings. I done been bringing up a draw again.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme