FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Sky
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

yeah i know thats been all over the news in england for ages, didnt they tell the man that if he didnt stop eating maccy d's that he would die in a month or so!!!!!! its really outrageous!!!!!!! and aparantly the american regular size meals are the same size as our large meals!!! also, in england they stopped selling supersize because of the high cholesterol etc!!!!!! scandalous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:58 pm  Reply with quote

Ah yesh, i really need to see that. Another point you didnt mention is how after the third day or so he was throwing up some of the meals. (I trust my teachers ranting on this, as it was most accurate in regards to the movie's content)

Seriously though, mcdonald's food is just pretty nasty in general, and damn near twice as unhealthy as anyplace else. He probably wouldn't have been bad off if he had picked a place like chick-fil-a or steak n' shake...then again i'm massively biased against mickey d's so you might wanna ignore me commenting here.
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:46 pm  Reply with quote

Diet and nutrition is a touchy subject for people. I'm primarily a vegetarian myself, but not all the time. My girlfriend and I try to prepare and cook all our own meals and eat organically when we can afford it. But it's a challenge and I find that when I'm short on time and I tone down my diet there's a huge difference in my overall ability to feel vital, deal with stress, and stay connected. It's kinda a double edged sword, and challenging as hell in this country. McDonalds is definitely one of the worse, but most of them are just as bad. The food has no prana; it's all processed and drained of its basic life-force. But hell, it's cheap & fast!
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:44 pm  Reply with quote

ye!!! hehehehe as much as i critisise it, i eat there almost every weekend!!!! cheap food, tastes ok, fast.... simple!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:22 pm  Reply with quote

I'll take a gas-station hot dog over McDonalds any day of the week. Mmm... slathered in petrol...

But seriously, I can't eat McDonalds more than like, once a year, or I'll mentally combust. Not really, but wouldn't that be interesting? The hash browns are good, though.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:41 pm  Reply with quote

Indeed, but food really shouldn't be made for efficiency except for emergency situations. Yeah, i had to eat there recently cause i was in a hurry, it is indeed efficient and filling, though sans any real nutrition.

And their hash browns aint bad, but i'll take waffle house's anyday...kinda interesting how this thread ended up at fast food.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:17 pm  Reply with quote

ahhh... fast food....

ye i eat a maccies but i definately prefer well.... anything else, like enchilladas (mmmmm) or roast dinner, or yorkshire puddings (mmmmmmmm) ye, my mums an amazing cook!!!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:11 pm  Reply with quote

Chicken: it's nutritious, filling, and the best food ever.

Bar none.
Page 2 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme