FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:28 pm  Reply with quote

that makes sense... assuming of course that we're right in thinking the universe is expanding. and is in fact finite.

but then you must wonder, what about paralell universes and alternate dimensions and the like that are existing right now?

so maybe this universe is finite... but there's an infinite number of them in existance at any given instant.

hrm...
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:48 pm  Reply with quote

i still think its infinite, but maybe thats because i cant concieve the fact that the world one day wasn't here and may not be here, (in world i mean like everything) if there is nothing then.... well, theres nothing so...

i just cant get my head around it, the universe and time are both infinite!!!!!!!! and thats my final conclusion
transport22
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:15 pm  Reply with quote

Yet concluding it as infinite doesn't make it so. In the end Sky, who really knows? It's all just a guess based upon logic, feeling, faith, and trust in experience.

It might help if you see life, and the Universe, as a part of a huge unfolding game. People take games very seriously, like they're a matter of life or death. But the whole point of a game is in the excitement and experience of playing it. Remember, you always have the 'choice' of playing with ideas about reality, all without becoming so mired, final, and concrete about them. Play and allow the mental 'what-ifs' to be based upon a sense of mystery, joy, adventurous abandon, and a care-free attitude. Why let them shackle you down? After all, they're only ideas: subtle mental vibrations here one second and gone the next.

The Universe doesn't have to be finite or infinite, it could be both, or neither. Observe the mind and watch how it always leads to contradiction. The mind is a paradox and must be mastered, neutralized, and transcended to experience the mystic truth of the Great Mystery.

Or that's my take on it! <throws down ninja smoke bomb and vanishes into thin air>
Sky
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:34 pm  Reply with quote

you know your post then is probably made the most sense to me in a long time... i think you have just enlightened my soul!!! and im not joking.
I really see the point (or a point) that your saying, nothing has to be serious, i dont have to think about things like this always wanting and trying to know the answers, they're not whats important, its life at this moment in time which is important, and if i need to know anything i will learn it, if i dont then what does it matter really???

And i know i wont think this tomorrow, tomorrow i'll want all the answers and i'll get all confuzzled, but thats the whole fun of it right?!?!?!

i went through a stage of questioning everything, it confused me so much that too a point i stopped coming on this site, until i realised i dont have to question anything, i just have to see that i can question something if i want.... i think this is the same too!

cheers hun!!

ok ive just re-read my post and my views have changed but it took me ages to write so im not altering it!!!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

Very well then sky, glad to see your confuzzling doth commence!

ANYwho. Well transport, it can be infinite and finite by different persons definitions, infinite to one could be because it has no boundaries, finite to another can be because of the fact that it has boundaries, though they are constantly changing. Well i've posted the redundancy post...dammit...oh well.
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:52 pm  Reply with quote

One could surmise that the redundancy argument is, in itself, the doorway to the Infinite since it exists as the final contradiction/paradox that catalyzes one beyond the trappings of the mind. 00
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:18 pm  Reply with quote

It seems like a good idea, but some of this stuff is just pointless, i mean who needs a 12 pack of watermelons anyway?

Touche, costmart, touche...

(If you've seen that family guy episode, my sentimentality is expressed.)
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:33 pm  Reply with quote

Eckhert Tolle expresses this sentiment eloquently and simply in his book “The Power of Now”.

Neither God nor Being nor any other word can define or explain the ineffable reality behind the word, so the only important question is whether the word is a help or a hindrance in enabling you to experience That toward which it points. Does it point beyond itself to that transcendental reality, or does it lend itself too easily to becoming no more than an idea in your head that you believe in, a mental idol?
Page 9 of 9
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme