FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index

cloning... your opinion,
I am for it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I am for it in some cases when it might be good for society, bla bla bla
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I aint got the foggiest
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
I am against cloning
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Sky
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:48 pm  Reply with quote

i read this article the other day....
about cloning, and i'm unsure really,

right or wrong whats your opinion???
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:32 pm  Reply with quote

Against. It's useless.

We don't need more food (every famine in history was caused by financial problems, not by an actual lack of food) We don't need to revive ancient creatures, we don't need to bring back the dead, and we certainly don't need multiples of the same person running around.

Plus, it's unnautral.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:11 pm  Reply with quote

Actually even if you clone someone, their memories are not transfered, just their genetic patterns, they have to make their own memories and personality, so they wouldn't be the same person by a long shot.

And if you can cheaply produce more food faster then cloning would solve food shortages. Coversely you could make massive problems in mass quantity too. Or you could clone people to make an army ie the clone wars in star wars (that throws off my science kick a bit!)

And even if it's unnatural, its sometimes useful and necessarry, where would we be without technology today? certainly not here, certainly not with enough conveniences to live easy lives. My point is that sometimes development isn't natural, but even so i'm not so sure about cloning.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:52 pm  Reply with quote

that's why I said 'plus' it's unnatural. But aside from that, We don't NEED more food. There is not, and never has been a food shortage in the history of the world. Food is there, but it's simple economics and money-matters that prevent it's diestribution.

Yep.
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:56 pm  Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind cloning the Victoria's Secret models for a pajama jammy jam at my place every Friday night. <sinister chuckle>

Other than my own twisted personal desires, I, too, am anti-cloning.
mu shin
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:41 pm  Reply with quote

That Victoria's Secret model cloning thing has some merit.
Just think, they'd have no preconceptions about right & wrong, no sense of shame or guilt. Hmm... [ eyes shifting left & right, rubbing palms together ].

Wait, that would definitely be wrong to take advantage like that. Ok, I'm against cloning too. Well, got to go. I have to go bone up on genetics.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:24 pm  Reply with quote

Aye, a third to such a generous proposal! *chortling in my joy*. I know SOMEONE knows the reference thats to, COME ON!
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme