FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:42 am  Reply with quote

Well the what if and what to do are the main things to think about, no? Yes? Thoughts?
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:30 am  Reply with quote

yes. and no. I think about alot of things (swordplay, martial arts, music game tactics, writing my story, et-cetera) and none of them are 'what if's in their own right, but they all have some imbedded in them somewhere. "what if I start writing in this style? what if I change this phrase? what if I punch towards his stomach?"

although these are normally very subliminal in nature.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:37 pm  Reply with quote

well why do you always shout at me when i say 'what if' then??????
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:53 am  Reply with quote

'cause you tend to end a thread with the question "what If?" and it just kinda kills everything. and you think without base alot, which is kinda like spitting into the wind: it just comes back and hits you in the face. but no worries, 'sall good in th' hood G.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:39 am  Reply with quote

Well also you cant forget that I end a lot of mine with "thoughts", what if is sort of another way of saying the same thing, and after all this place is nothing if not one to clear up uncertainty, or reinforce it, maybe? what if? thoughts? complaints? questions? snide remarks? mweef? ooga booga? chocolate frosted sugar bombs?
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

chocolate frosted sugar bombs??? have you been drinking??

what if there are actually chocolate frosted sugar bombs, but not in england, but then again what if there arent and theres no point me saying this because chocolate frosted sugar bombs dont exist, but what if we invented them???what if they tasted nice?? what if they didnt?? maybe its the chocolate frosted sugar bombs' fate to be invented, maybe its their fate not to??????
thoughts

(ps, most of that was to emphasise the last post....like a joke, sometimes yanks dont get sarcastic humour)
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:09 pm  Reply with quote

TOPIC REVIVIFICATION!

Allright, first, I'ma adress the original quandary. in order to minimize the use of 'what ifs' everything needs a base, and although that base is oftentimes a single thought or idea that's taken for granted, it can just as well be an idea that has a base of it's own (stacked ideas, if you get me).

If you have a base, there's less room to budge (it kinda gives 'rules' to the game we call thinking). If you wanna think differently though, instead of killing yourself by asking WHAT IF? and banging your head against a desk, then remove the base-thought or base-idea and replace it or alter it (or simply remove it altogether, and see if it can be used as a base itself, or a free-standing thought).

hopefully this helps.

Next, the Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs: A cereal from Calvin & Hobbes. Drinking is not nescisary, but can be involved.

And don't insult me so by dumbing down your joke! It's only the dumb yanks that can't understand 'semi-sarcasm.'
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:33 pm  Reply with quote

HA! dumb yanks, the jokes on you, since I live in atlanta I qualify as a hick!

And indeed, that basically sums up the entire discussion bottom line is that bases can always be changed, while structures can remain the same on top of them, and vice versa.

and yesh, its a cereal from Calvin and Hobbes.
Page 3 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme