FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:18 am  Reply with quote

I'm studying it next semester, chinese history this sememster. There was a trip planned to Japan during the spring break of 2001 at our school, but because of september 11th happening it was still held off...it really REALLY pissed me off, i was signed up the minute i saw it. just...obnoxious really.
transport22
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:03 pm  Reply with quote

I remember something similar. Outwardly I was concerned with all that transpired on 9/11 and my heart was with the world that day. Secretly though, I was super pissed. At the time two of my favorite DJ's were flying into Austin for a late night of high energy dancing, flawless mixin', rhythmic bass, electronic soundscapes, Red Bull, trance states of consciousness....and the scantly clad women, we can't forget about the scantly clad, young, hot, tatooed raver girls!!! <drools onto keyboard then quietly sobs away the painful memory>

Oh well, it was meant to be I suppose. <sniff>
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:59 pm  Reply with quote

*fap fap fap* i have a *fap fap fap* an itch...yeah...an itch...'scuse me.

Anyway yeah, you're definitely not the only one who probably had to deal with stuff like that...but i'll wager for some that there were more prevalent concerns. But anyway, my heart still bleeds for ya.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:19 pm  Reply with quote

I don't like rave music. in fact, the only electronic music I really like (as in mostly electronic) would be Herbie Hancock. which is funny, 'cause he invented the stuff. I stick to winds and strings mainly... and I can't stand constant 'beats' (such as the ones commonly associated with rave and techno music, or with rap). it's just so... borring. in fact, all my stereo systems are set to high-trebble and low bass. I prefer trebble...

but aside from that...

I feel for ya, Transport. and stop that fapping Beest. I know where that gag originates, so none o' that! too bad you did'nt make it to Japan though. from what I've seen (from pictures, of course) you missed out. stupid terrorists. mess up MY birthday. (yes, I was born on the eleventh of September).
transport22
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

Believe me, there's a lot of crappy rave/electronic music out there....and it's not for everyone. I got into it for three reasons. One: it's very tribal and reminiscent of the ritual and ceremony of many indigenous cultures. Shaman's use the drum for journeying into the spirit world; it has a powerful effect on the brain. I read a study somewhere that a drum played at a certain number of beats per minute synchs the pineal or pituitary gland to the same beat, stimulating one into the 'trance state' of consciousness. Two: I've always felt like an alien trapped in a human body, and well produced and mature electronic soundscapes remind me of my home planet. = ) Three: I love to dance hard and move creatively with others experiencing the same group energy.

Damn, why do I always write a damn novel?

Anyway, happy belated B-day Thothman! Mine's in just two short days; good 'ol 9/22. I'll be accepting donations/gifts if y'all need an address.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:29 pm  Reply with quote

Indeed, happy belated birtyday! Or did i wish it to you on your birthday in an im...crud...i seriously don't know. aaaanyway.

Yesh, the techno genre has a huge portion of crap in it, like more than half at least. HOWEVER! good and bad apples, and the good ones are truly incredible. Transport summed up what i would have said pretty well. The sort of primitive beat association and rythm is reminescent of ancient tribal dances and the ilk.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:45 pm  Reply with quote

well, such 'beats' I only don't like if it's synthisized... I like drum music and cadences and the like, but never liked Techno. and as for the whole birthday thing Beest, dunno, but thanks anyways (to both of you) and happy belated back to you Transport...

the tables have turned...

>.>
<.<
>.>
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:31 am  Reply with quote

Thanks Thoth.

I make it a point to spend some quality time with myself on my birthday...to reflect and contemplate what the next step is. This year I went on a vision quest. I walked out into the woods until I was guided to a powerful feeling spot, created a ring of stones, twigs, acorns, smudged with some sage to purify my aura, shook my rattle and called in the protection and guidance of the spirits of the East, South, West, North, Sky, and Earth, charged some crystals, and sat in the middle of the medicine wheel for two days and played/studied/experimented with journeying, meditation, praying, mantra, dancing, journal writing. I learned a lot about surrendering to the moment and what is, being detached to my expectations and desires, truly listening to the voice of the land's spirit, and tuned myself into the sensitivity and subtlety of my energy and consciousness.

I had a great time, stored up alot of power, and found some clarity on what I was resisting in my life. Felt like sharing my experience. = )
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:48 pm  Reply with quote

firstly, happy bday for thoth (11/9) and happy bday to transport (22/9)
and HAPPY BDAY to me (17/9) its everyones birthdays!!!!!! well, was, theyve all gone now...

well, wow transport, Japan, thats a place id love to visit, its got everything thats why, big high rise cities, something ive never experienced ever, and is probably spectacular, and lush countryside,
i bet you had an amazing time, id love to hear what you got up to and where you went.... i never get bored of listening to peoples holidays, i think its fab!!! so ramble on....
hehehe

also, i had no idea (well) of how badly you guys were affected in america after 9/11, i mean england had a few flights cancelled, and all the ones to usa, i thought that was pretty bad, but it kinda puts it into perspective when you guys talk about having trips cancelled, and it being really bad, i must have been far far far worse in the usa, i cant really imagine, and i just wanted to share that with you......

ok
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:29 pm  Reply with quote

Oh it was beyond bad, they shut down the entire air network...for days.

Oh, thoth, if you want some good techno (as i see it) download some stuff by "Scooter" but avoid their live performances...they're allright, but their originals are just awesome.

And Transport, very interesting way to spend a day/birthday, I might have to try that sometime.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:32 pm  Reply with quote

kekeke... forgot sky's chunk of the world did the dates opposite us. And 9/11 warn't so bad, really. I mean, I don't fly, although I live near an international airport. some good came of the whole thing though, I finally spent a few days at home without airplanes flying overhead ever two hours.

(always look on the bright side of life).

That sound fairly interesting Transport, although not something I'll be trying any time soon. all that kind of stuff just seems... muffled. I dunno. eh. whatever.

Scooter eh? Perhaps I'll give 'em a listen. Perhaps.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:31 pm  Reply with quote

Oh, and if you want some incentive, they did a remix of "The Logical Song"...kinda butchered the magnosity of the first, but its still a pretty good one in comparison to other techno.
Page 2 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme