50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

transport22
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:07 pm  Reply with quote

Perhaps someday we'll take up the very themes from this forum with Pythagoras, Shakespeare, & Einstein. That'd be cool....except I guess it would be somedeath instead of day. <shrugs>
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:08 pm  Reply with quote

Somedeath and someday are just another paradox, no?
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:45 am  Reply with quote

Eloquently spoken my friend.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:12 am  Reply with quote

or what about the not so great people in history? my great grand-parents, my deceased cousins. it'd be nice to talk to them again. or rather, in the case of the former, talk to them at all.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:30 am  Reply with quote

Well obviously, but we were just using well known figures as a cogent paradigm for all of the people here, easier that way, no? But indeed, the ones we love who have passed on go without saying.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:47 am  Reply with quote

what I'm trying to say, (although I admittedly did a poor job of it) is that just 'cause someone's not nationally recognized, doesn't mean they're not a Great Figure in history. they did their part, they just didn't have the money to get into the books, or the camera shutter got stuck, or the person who should have wrote their entry got shot. there are those that don't deserve a footnote in the annals of the world, but for the most part, everyone should have their place, no matter how 'small'.

of course, that's not what sells.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

Actually it does sell, however only to the few who were aquainted and understood the person, and if they're not really world famous, then only family and friends will ever know, its a sad thing, but thats how it is here.
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:57 pm  Reply with quote

i completely agree thoth, and er... beest aswell, i agree with everyone!!!

nobody deserves something more than anybody else, we are all equal, but some people dont get it, and others do, if we were all famous, then it wouldnt be special.... no comparison remember, and equally if nobody was famous... what goes around comes around (irrelevant phrase but i havnt used it for a while!!)
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

well, Fame is really given out too freely. people get their recognition in the annals of history for stuffing marshmallows up noses, having a semi-good singing voice with loads of sex-appeal, and simply appearing on Television. I can understand a 'larger helping' of fame for people that truly are amazing, like Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jordan, Michael Johnson (the world's fastest man according to records. but just watching, he's damn fast), Charlie Parker, John Caultrain, so on and so forth.

but thanks for agreeing. think of this as an exception I forgot to mention.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:19 am  Reply with quote

Indeed, and fame always does have different levels, thats the key factor in it.
Page 8 of 8
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme