FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
New Post   Reply spiritual paths <- there is no spoon Forum Index
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:30 pm  Reply with quote

Why is it so arrogant? I'm asking you to find me a reliable sourse to back up your ideas. If it's because I'm unwilling to incorperate your ideas then yes, I will pretty much always appear arrogant to you. I think that we're looking at this debate from different angles. You think we should put our heads together and come up with a belief system that we all agree on. I think that I've already found the correct belief system. This will probably make you extremely angry, but it's the truth, so I'll say it: I believe, to the very core of my being, that I am right and you are wrong. Call me arrogant if you want, hell, maybe it is arrogant, but it still how I see these debates.

Hitler did use scare tatics on the crowd, but he also convinced people do give their lives completely over to him, even people who had little to fear. He did so by saying "What you'll do for me isn't evil, it's noble and good, and you'll be praised for it."

Most people don't want "The" dominant position, but most do want a dominant position. Very few people will pass up a promition in work if it's offered.

Simple reasoning, but you can't compromise facts, and I absouletely disagree with some of the things you believe are real.

Many of the stories do have morals, but do you, for example, pray? I cannot think of the moral taught by having people ask God for things, which, because he's not real, he can't grant.

What you believe has no effect on the rest of the world. You can change the world and make your ideas a reality, but simply believing that something is true doesn't make it that way. For example, Hitler believed that the Arian German were the "Ubensnizer" (Or however it's spelled) which means the ultimate race. However, that didn't stop them from being soundly defeated at the hands of the allies.

Even in terms of volume this doesn't hold true (more people believing something makes it true) because the Soivets during the cold war believed that the United States was a poor country, with little food and not enough cars for everyone, but it had no effect on the Americans eating well and driving where they pleased.

If someone came into this website and started preaching that he had discovered that his kitchen table was the center of the spiritual universe, would you comprimise with him, or block him out because he had no proof for his outragious claim?

You see me as being addicted to scientific proof. Is that a bad thing? It keeps me from believing ideas that make no sense. Why does it make sense for there to be a universal energy field of love and happiness?
Page 3 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme