FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
transport22
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:54 am  Reply with quote

Sky....you are all over the place.

Your response is scattered and your arguments lead, again and again and again, into the same realm. You are stuck inside the paradox of the mind. I've been backing up and reading a lot of old posts. It seems that this idea of 'what if' is your rebuttal to counter any debate.... because it's a fail-safe that you can always fall back on. Belief and constant existence in the paradox of the mind leads a person nowhere and limits their freedom to move into life to create a new way of being. The mind is a tool that traps us.

Perhaps you perceive our conversations more as an argument instead of a debate. Perhaps you always want to be right on some level instead of listening and applying what is said in the forum to life. The ego is strong and wants to be right forever. I'm here to learn, listen, share, and pool our knowledge, teachings, and techniques about reality into practical wisdom that we can use to reach enlightenment. Nothing you say teaches one how to reach enlightenment, only how to negate and dis-affirm life by always believing in the contradiction to others thoughts.

Where's the enlightenment in that way of being?
Sky
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:35 am  Reply with quote

thats why im always asking for haelp, and that post has really helped me.

i completely realise that i am stuck in a paradox where everything i think or see or try to believe always ends up with me saying to myself.... "yeah well, what if its no, r what if it is" so its all a big circle, and im stuck inside it, i havent always been in it, if you look at some of my posts, and i have no idea how i got here, i try to throw it off but i think, what if its not possible, or if i did, and got free of the circle, i was right all along, and am still in the circle, because i know nothing.......

my 'what if' way is not to be right and to fall back on, though i see where your coming from, but its like my sub-conscienceness, always thinking that a belief or idea was good, and i would like to believe its true but what if its not, and how can i be sure.
i dont think it to just argue!!!!!
its because its a thought in my mind thats always there, bugging me
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:24 pm  Reply with quote

I accept one given:

The mind makes it real.

and with that given, all other givens can be taken, and changed.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:36 pm  Reply with quote

Do not try to bend the spoon, that is impossible...Instead, only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no spoon. Then you will see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is yourself.

Well after watching the first one again yesterday and reveling in its magnosity, this scene's full dialogue seems appropriate. And Transport, read my old posts, I say the exact same things sky does most of the time, because its a friendly way to end an arguement, and its usually the best way to look at life. Then again (remember the datura battles) I DO stand firm as hell when I hae to!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

indeed. we are true humans, Beest. relentless when need be. of course, then again, we're not true humans in that we're actually NICE to people...

heh.

Last edited by thoth87 on Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:56 pm  Reply with quote

wow, beest thatnks for bringing that thought/movie quote into my head, ive not said/thought that for a loooooooooooonnnnng time, i used 2 say it loads too!!!

hmm......wow beest i love you, youve sort of helped, i think, or atleast i hope so!! yay!!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:41 am  Reply with quote

Indeed. Glad to be of service, and nice to people is entirely relative, and I personally try to all the time.
Page 3 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme