FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
RIRYOKU
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:58 pm  Reply with quote

Smith, in Revolutions, called the Oracle "mom", what does that mean? The Oracle is the program that realized that by giving the people the ability of choice, that fewer people would reject the program known as the Matrix, but did she program Mr. Smith as well?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:18 pm  Reply with quote

It could mean that, but it appeared to me to be a mocking of him of everything the oracle stands for, like when one says "yes mother" while he/she means "blow it out your ass"

Then again she could be one of the first programmed in sentient beings of the system, like the architect.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:20 pm  Reply with quote

well, The Architect said that she was the 'mother' of the matrix. it could be no more confusing than that. or then, perhaps it is...
RIRYOKU
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:23 pm  Reply with quote

I didn't think of the "yes mother" thing, that could be it. You are right about the Oracle being one of the first programs and programers. The Architect (forgive my spelling) said that he was the creator of the Matrix, but that too many people refused to except the Matrix program. Their minds rejected it. Then the Oracle, another program, stumbled upon the solution, choice. She realized that if the Architect allowed the people to have the ability of choice, that 90% of the people's minds would except the program. The Oracle is just as old as the first Matrix (maybe not the first, but the second) and just as old as the Architect.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:26 pm  Reply with quote

She seems to be the way of balancing the equation. The materialst vs the spiritualist cracking heads against one another in the ways they can to prove that they're right. And when you look at it it does make sense.
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:14 pm  Reply with quote

when you wrote this i was doing an exam for chemistry..... hmm, anyway... when he said it i thought that yea, its because she is the matrixs mother like the architecht is its father, but in the 2nd one, the oracle says (summet like this anyway) to neo when shes sat on the bench that shes like his mother, and since smith is neos completer opposite, like an oposite twin, (dya get me) its like shes his mum 2......

soz if your confused now.... that was my first reaction, but.... it may be wrong
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:46 pm  Reply with quote

I see no problem with it. in fact, it's kind of just more support that the Oracle is smith's momma.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme