FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:52 pm  Reply with quote

look down at your shoes. what are you wearing? how much did they cost? why did you pick those shoes? if they cost more than 50 dollars, why did you buy them? if they cost less than 50 dollars, why did you buy them? (Sorry Sky, not sure about the exchange rate... i think that 50 dollars is 45 pounds, or somewhere around there).

here's mine.

i'm wearing a pair of Herman Survivors. they cost 40 dollars. i picked these Hiking Boots because they are comfortable, long lasting, waterproof, and provide alot of support for the ankles, when one takes long hikes. cost was not an issue, although as a general rule i spend no more than fifty dollars on any pair of shoes.

here's my point. someone buys a pair of Air Force 1's, and spends about 100 dollars on them. why? it makes no sense to me. when you can get a pair of boots that are just as good (if not better) for less than half of what the Forces cost. so if you can explain, please do.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:48 am  Reply with quote

I bought these $35 tennis shoes (ecco brand i think, not sure) because they were comfortable. I've had them going on three years now, and they're still holding up great. Besides I liked the blue color when I saw them and still do now.

Besides, it's a waste to spend over $50 on shoes really, even if you have a reason. I personally refuse to pay $35 MORE for the friggin "N" on the side or a swoosh. But then again there are stupid people too...so it does encourage them to keep being jerks and exploit people.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:45 pm  Reply with quote

i would actually prefer going barefoot, but since every place of business i've ever seen has a 'no shoes, no shirt, no service' sign, it don't work too well. bleah. and you're right beast. 35 bucks for a symbol is just bullshit.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:42 am  Reply with quote

I'm apalled! I'm disgusted! I'm going to call up those kids in asia and tell them to stop working RIGHT NOW!

But then again...why havn't I done that already. Well now that I've brought a new moral question up, thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Snide remarks?
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:36 pm  Reply with quote

well, when they're making a dollar an hour (which is prolly all they CAN make) they'll continue to make the shoes. and here's an interesting thought: if every American bought 2 American-made things, the economic problems we are currently facing would be nearly cut in half.

i'm sure the same would go for England (and other places), provided they're facing an economic problem.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:26 pm  Reply with quote

i dnt think were facing an economic problem thoth.........

well im wearing pink furry morgan slippers, they were 30, my nan got me them for christmas, there ded comfy, and when i wear them my feet are lovely and warm, which is very miraculas because my feet are always cold......NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!

and those kids in Asia......
they applied for the job, no one is forcing them to do it, they can quit at any time, its their choice (if we have choice, and its not all fate, but thats a different tale)
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:15 pm  Reply with quote

you and your fairly stable economy! and you're right, they had a choice, but NIKE knows it's not 'right', at least morally, and 'shouldn't' do it. so, well, meh, i suppose.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:59 am  Reply with quote

But it's cheap labor and uber profits for them, of COURSE they're gonna keep doing it fool! It's the way we WORK!
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:48 pm  Reply with quote

its not right, but its ok
im gunna make it anyway
pack your bags up and leave
id rather be alone than unhappy

sorry, a song came to mind...
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme