FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2

New Post   Reply hard progressive trance <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Datura
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:41 am  Reply with quote

Music, to me, is totally sublime. I hear it and don't wonder where it came from, or who made it, or how it is created. That's why people ask me "what music do I like" and I just say "all types" or "yeah, that one that goes "doo doo do do do doo daa ddoo". I'll see a painting or read a book or experience some other facet of human existence and it will make me wonder, but with sound and music it doesn't happen. Totally sublime.
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:33 pm  Reply with quote

u sorta went off music for a bit, so im gunna bring it back.......
i love impro, but more blues!!
im in a rock band sorta thing,
drums - ben, he rocks, he is the best drummer ever, when he sits on the drums you know hes good before hes started, hes got a presence, hes not just a drummer, but a fcukin good drummer!!
dion - lead guitar, this guy can impro!! hes soooo good, i cold just listen to him all day, and he could just impro all day!!
pk - guitar/vocal, he can sort of impro, but gets a bit down shadowed when dion starts, but when we all sit down and he makes up a song from scratch, like a blues or rock song, he'll roll the words off his tongue like hes practiced them for years, and play like he learnt it off by heart, and when he looks at you when he sings, you know what hes feeling, like a connection.
Dan - i think hes only just learnt the bass, and hes crap to say the least, but hes alrite, cant say owt cause i cant play but... i do no a fab bass player tho - he can play the bass... hmm...
and me - keyboard, i can impro i play along, enjoy it and watch my friends in awe as they play their instruments, im there really cause i want to listen, and because i love to improvise.

Its my fvourite thing at the moment, watchin my m8s really inspires me, i cant explain the buzz i get from it, the bass and drums makin your chest quake, and lead guitar making your hairs stand on end, its amazin, and i love it. and no1 can take that feeling away from me.

plus im the only girl - wot more cud i ask for!!! hehehe

sorry its so long, i hope i didnt bore you

Last edited by Sky on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:23 pm  Reply with quote

not at all! now, is, impro the same as improv?

anywho, i might have a gig with a rock band pretty quick here. me and me ol Saxophone gon' rock down. i improv and comp really, that's what i do.

'sfun

aye?

and then there's Beesty, a failure at the keyboard. i swear, Beest, if you don't try them keys again, i'll fuggin break you in three!

and blues eh? like the blue alot. isn't that ours? (didnt' us yanks figgure that out?)

eh?
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:48 am  Reply with quote

comp?????? yes impro is improvisation

iv bin jammin tonite wit me band, its wkd
who cares if you yanks invented blues, we stole it!!! :P (see anothe emoticon) No-one invented it, it invented itself.

ahh...
ive decided to edit all my typing error, cause theres so many!! neway!

Last edited by Sky on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:06 pm  Reply with quote

I'm sorry! I just sucked at playing piano! So sue me! Geez! Besides soon you wont even have to play a PIANO, just program the sounds of one....

The times be a-changin!
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:49 pm  Reply with quote

*eyes bulge, veins burst, and thothman gives Beest the death stare*

what? are you suggesting that synth keyboards are the future? SACRELIGE!

and anyways, just try it agian. do it by ear. a pal of mine is self-taught on the keys. he can play Bethoven's 5th by ear. can't read a lick of music. 'sawesome.

and comping is basically improving with the baseline or harmony. like playing a riff here, a lick there, or just straight up making up your own harmony part. i love it. almost as good as improv solos.

WOO!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:02 pm  Reply with quote

I guess, and I do mess around on it sometimes...but time is short, and weekends are usually devoted. Guess it's time to remake my schedule again!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:57 am  Reply with quote

Well I hate beer too, and don't plan to get a hooker either. I think that's a quote from a late night HBO movie, or maybe family guy. One of the two for certain. (There's a fun paradox if you think about it) And I would if I could! Geez. Scouts begins taking up most of my time now anway! Not MY fault!
Page 2 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme