FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply spiritual paths <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:20 am  Reply with quote

I was thinking recently, and a poem i wrote a while ago came to mind. I'm not sure if this is the exact duplication, but here it goes:

Since the dawn,
of planet Earth,
Not one man,
till death from birth,
Has the right,
to steal and take,
The life of another,
unnatural fate.

Not sure why it came to mind. I've another one that I'll post later thats got a very simple paradoxical meaning that I think you can most definitely dissect. I need the actual hard copy to post it though, it doesn't work well at all if i try to rewrite it.

Anyway what do you all think? The meaning hidden within it isn't, at least as far as I intended, so give me some responses!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:33 pm  Reply with quote

Well I'm glad to see such GREAT feedback on it! Oh well, I guess i can always just get them discussed by the asshole editors of the school literary magazine. (They're even more petty and technical than everyone around here!)
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:32 am  Reply with quote

silence wanker!

so i missed it! ah well. anywho. i don't really think that killing another person is incredibly unnatural, nor dying by another's hands unnatural either.

think about it. the first tools that we find from prehistoric sites are weapons, both for killing animals and defending onesself. through the ages, we've gone through spears, swords, knives, daggers, bows, crossbows, trebuchets, catapults, ballistas of all sorts, guns, cannons, and nuclear weaponry.

face facts, we kill each other, and do so VERY naturally.

not saying it's a good thing, but it's the natural thing.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:35 pm  Reply with quote

Thank you! Geez took you long enough. And agreed. You got most of the stuff that i put into it. I'll post another one later today if i can.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:22 pm  Reply with quote

I thought ur poem was cool, it obviously came from the heart, and who knows, if the world doesnt end suddenly in the next 10 years, 16year old could be studying it for their GCSE's!!! hehehe
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:58 am  Reply with quote

And given the way things are goin around this place, they probably will! Thanks for the feedback too.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme