FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:15 am  Reply with quote

as does being slammed into the mat during wrestling practice about 40 times a day by a guy whos 75 pounds of muscle heavier than you! ah fun endurance training *snaps spine back into place*
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:01 am  Reply with quote

panzy.

anyway... a quick sidenote on being killed in the Matrix (i haven't seen Revolutions as of yet, so shut up) way i see it, if you get 'killed' in the Matrix, and don't believe you have just been shot three-hundred times with a machine-gun, you won't die. (tankity tank, tankity tank... never mind) the same i also believe is true in actual (what is actual? that was rhetorical, shaddup beast). if you get stabbed in the stomach and think "oh my god, i'm gonna die!" you'll die. plain and simple. if, on the other hand, you get stabbed in the stomach, take one look at the knife, yank it out and think/say "bah! that didn't even hurt!", it won't hurt a lick.

of course, in the begining of mankind, we were'nt ' advanced' enough thought-wise, and if you get stabbed, you learned, you die. you're programmed to think that a stab-wound is fatal. first you must free your mind, and then, your mind makes it real.

muahaha, two matrix-quotes in one sentence. i'm good
*does the badger dance*
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:34 pm  Reply with quote

actually i do agree with that. in the three fights ive been in, ve been cut up pretty damned badly, but i never EVER felt it. and i got my back sliced open pretty bad from having a squirt gun pitched at it and shattering. Its really weird, cause it just winds up being completely mind over matter, and it tends to WORK too!

okay my insanitys done now. En Taro Adun!
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:35 pm  Reply with quote

cant you bring at least some sort of counteractive spin to bear against my theory, or do we let this thread die as well?
The Er
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:01 am  Reply with quote

Personally i do believe that there is an inate ability within the mind to manipulate and conrol both existance and reality via our perceptions,
but as to dying within the matrix, i think that it is not just a matter of mental control, but the actual programing of the matrix that causes death, whereas manipulation of the matrix to a certain extent is possible with just perception, but not to such an extent of openly being wounded and yet persuading yourself of it not happening, as it is the progrmaing of the bullet that damages the mind, not the mind itself.

As such, Neo's power as the one does not come from an absolute mental control, but from his ability to re-write the actual programing of the matrix, and those machines directly linked to the matrix.

Oh well, a bit off topic from the direction of the thread, but it's just my humble opinion.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:58 pm  Reply with quote

well if i didnt agree with you, then yes! i would! but since i do, i dont see the point in wasting my effort on a cause that i dont believe in!

oh, and a question: what do you all think of people who dont follow their own hearts, and defend arguments to the death even if they dont believe in them? (like the "i dont believe in what you're saying but i'll defend to death your right to say it) shpeel works. and very nice post Er! yours saved me from saying basically the exact same thing.

that enough to revitalize the thread?
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:51 pm  Reply with quote

i have a question: how can the programming representing the 'bullett' harm you? i mean, if you don't let it harm you, it cant. or do you mean a sort of physical, "you just got shot, so a metal spike blasts through your stomach in the little pod that you're lying in" type of program?

and yes Beest, that's just what it needed.
The Er
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:04 pm  Reply with quote

No, i mean that although you don't believe you have been shot, the programing directly linked to your brain damages the part of the brain linked with the area in which you were shot.
It's kind of like thinking of the programing as a secodary brain, of which we have no control, but can still influence such things as pain.
And it's the programing itself attacking the brain that causes the mental bullet wound, and although there is no physical bullet wound, there is a mental wound which is expressed via the rest of the brain to you as a bullet wound in your body.
Purpose
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:25 am  Reply with quote

I beleive in what The Er said about Neo being about to re-write the programming of the matrix to do what he does.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:23 pm  Reply with quote

the "bullet" itself doesnt, but the act of ripping through a host of vital organs and releasing many harmful bacteria into the bloodstream does tend to put a crimp in your day.

basically it tricks the mind into thinking the body is hurt, so the body thinks its hurt and hurts itself. its kinda a headachey paradoxical situation, but yeah.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

in other words, the program directly linked to one's mind sends the signal 'hey, you're dead' and the mind has no choice to believe. yes, i see what your saying, and i can see what you mean entirely. but then, if we're not in the matrix, then that rule need not apply, eh?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:45 pm  Reply with quote

True, however since we have been taught and all really believe that we DO in fact need our intestines intact and our hearts pumping to survive, when a huge chunk of metal rips them apart or makes the brain think that, our bodies tend to die. and its not really the sort of thing that you can try repeatedly over and over to see if you've got it right, since its a one shot deal and doubt always tends to be there, that little frame of doubt holds fast and causes the bullet or bullet program to do what it does!

or at least so it seems.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:15 pm  Reply with quote

yes, unfortunately...
The Er
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:41 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
True, however since we have been taught and all really believe that we DO in fact need our intestines intact and our hearts pumping to survive, when a huge chunk of metal rips them apart or makes the brain think that, our bodies tend to die. and its not really the sort of thing that you can try repeatedly over and over to see if you've got it right, since its a one shot deal and doubt always tends to be there, that little frame of doubt holds fast and causes the bullet or bullet program to do what it does!

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Page 3 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme